Nutritional Therapy is for anyone who wants to improve his or her health. You may have a specific health problem or you may want to know how to eat to prevent health problems in the future. You may simply want to lose some weight or have more energy. With the help of a nutritional therapist you have the power to make a very profound change to your health.
Nutritional Therapy is a system of healthcare that employs different ways of balancing a person’s nutrition to achieve optimal wellbeing. The most important aspect of the therapy is a nutrient-dense, well-balanced diet but a number of other factors are considered.
- There may be a lack of vitamins, minerals and amino acids can be due to insufficient intake through the diet.
- There can also be metabolic imbalances which can be caused by weakened digestion and absorption or your own individual biochemistry. This means that despite adequate food intake the nutrients are not metabolised properly, resulting in nutritional deficiencies.
- Poor digestion can be the main cause of deficiency of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. The health of the gut is also affected and this can lead to gas, bloating and intestinal pain. As the gut becomes unbalanced, the absorption of nutrients becomes more deficient and a vicious cycle is established.
- There may also be hormones, blood sugar and essential fatty acid imbalances which have a significant effect on health even if they are too subtle to show on conventional tests.
- The kidneys and liver are the main organs of detoxification and they ensure we dispose of a number of toxins we are exposed to daily. Often these organs need support to improve their function and this can be achieved through nutritional and herbal support.
- There may be sensitivities to foods or to environmental allergens. When allergies or sensitivities are present, they make the absorption of nutrients less efficient. It is sometimes not possible which comes first, as poor digestion in the first place, makes food intolerances more likely.
Clinical Kinesiology is a system that tests specific muscles and their associated organs, meridians and acupuncture points. The muscle reactions give information on 3 different levels: structural imbalances, chemical imbalances and emotional factors. Appropriate measures can then be taken to correct the different types of imbalances.
Cranio-Sacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle, hands-on approach that releases tensions deep in the body to relieve pain and dysfunction and improve whole-body health and performance. A very light touch is used to release restrictions in the soft tissues that surround the central nervous system. By normalizing the environment around the brain and spinal cord and enhancing the body’s ability to self-correct, Cranio-Sacral Therapy is able to give support in a wide variety of dysfunctions such as pain, injuries and neurological imbalances.
The Quantum biofeedback system analyses the human body based upon their unique voice imprint. This information can then be used to balance the body using audible sound tones and electromagnetic frequency.
To find out how Nutritional Therapy can help…
…call Delcia Now on 07900 324284